As a sustainable brand we care about our impact when we create our products, but we are also conscious of all the hard chemicals used when clothing is dry cleaned.
On this post we will tell you the best way to take care of your our silk products, this procedure will save you time and money!
Getting your silk cleaned at the dry cleaners probably seems very practical, fast and convenient but it has some negative outcomes. First, all the hard chemicals used during dry cleaning are bad for our environment when not disposed correctly. Second, it is very time consuming, sometimes it will take up to a week to get your items back, and third it has become very expensive to get something dry cleaned, especially if its your first time doing it.
We have made a step by step guide on how to take care of your silk products in the most practical way:
1. Place item(s) in cold water with a delicates only detergent (hand liquid soap can be used as well)
2. Leave to soak for a maximum of 5 minutes.
3. Swish the water slowly and gently.
4. Rinse with fresh water. Optional: Use fabric conditioner to keep fabric hydrated.
5.Lay it flat and roll it with a towel to remove excess moisture and water. Lay it flat to dry.
6. Iron in Low setting/ Silk only setting.
It is recommended to wash your non-medical mask per use or as needed.